I worked at JISC 2006-2012.
Some highlights of my written output
- Into the Wild: technology for open educational resources book with CETIS
- I blogged frequently on the Digital Infrastructure Team blog, and thanks to Zak Mensah my posts are now collected into a Blog Book.
- 21st Century Scholarship and Wikipedia article in Ariadne
- Institutional Repositories in the UK: The JISC Approach, Neil Jacobs, Amber Thomas, Andrew McGregor, From: Library Trends ,Volume 57, Number 2, Fall 2008, pp. 124-141 | 10.1353/lib.0.0035
- David, Kernohan and Amber, Thomas (2012) OER – a historical perspective. (paper) http://repository.jisc.ac.uk/4915/
- My story of O(pen), article in ALT newsletter
- My blog posts on Rethinking The O in OER and The OER Turn and my posts on making the most of open content and why we need to understand use.
- On slideshare: why impact, RoI, marketing are no longer dirty words, lies, damned lies and pretty pictures
- 15 reusable technology solutions for open educational resources overview