Well hello there.
On my amberatwarwick blog I’ve just announced our team’s new website.
I am itching to get blogging again, but struggling to find time. Lots of worky things on my mind: lecture capture is turning out to be very interesting, I’d love to learn how to work with linked data but I probably don’t have the foundations, I’ve been pondering the nature of learning technologists, prompted by Sheila McNeill’s post, and thinking about what it means to manage a team of learning technologists. Also I need to start christmas shopping. And do some ironing. So I don’t think I’ll be blogging again quite yet or it will all come out in a big unstructured thoughtvomit.
In the meantime, I’ll share some of my favourite online things in case you might like them too:
- crappy parenting illustrated with crappy pictures – if you like my honesty, you’ll LOVE this
- this is colossal – some mindblowing visual cleverness
- my favourite tumblrs at the moment are WTF visualizations: visualisations that make no sense, and terrible real estate agent photos
- I have a bit of a secret thing for upworthy: things that make you feel hopeful. It can be a bit schmalzy-feelgood-cringe but it’s kind of cathartic and it beats getting angry
- as always, when I need a bit of cerebral stimulation, Maria Popova’s Brain Pickings is just fantastic
I notice that google+ circles seems to be picking up again, in my networks at least. I’m tweeting less than I used to, but still love twitter. I’d like to get into reddit but I suspect I would become obsessive about it. I’ve been experimenting with a pinterest board while I daydream about redecorating the lounge.
If only decorating was as easy as in the Sims. Should I tell you my husband made a copy of our house in the sims? Oh yes he did.
How terrifying is that!?